Ain’t that thing done yet!?!?
I get asked a lot of the cabin is done. It never will be. I’ll always tinker and refine it. Just like me…always a work in progress.
Long, smoky, productive day. But that productive is relative. The smoke impacted my breathing, so dragging these logs up the notch to the cabin took a little longer. Slowing down or taking breaks isn’t quitting. Resiliency comes in many forms. Sometimes it’s putting one more log in place after dinner. And the roasted corn on the cob is simply fabulous. 😋
But I made good progress on the roof for the deck. It’ll get there. I’m excited to sit on the deck during a rain storm or even a snow storm. It’ll be a metal roof, so even a hail storm will be awesome.
But, first, the smoke has to go. Big Dipper fought through it last night, but it wasn’t as crisp. Fall is closing in fast. I love fall at Top Knot. I love all the seasons, but fall is the favorite. Sweatshirt weather.
Life is good and less is more.











Comments
Post a Comment