Keep the flames burning…

Fortunate to get to visit DC during a work trip. Always fills me with hope, awe, and inspiration.

Walking Arlington National Cemetery and seeing the markers for some who gave all to provide the freedoms I am blessed to enjoy. Humbling. Watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier…I’ve seen it a few times and it always gets me misty eyed.

Went to the National Archives and saw the original Declaration of Independence. The ink continues to fade, but the ideals remain resolute. The Constitution…written 240+ years ago…written knowing it was flawed and providing the means for amendment. The Bill of Rights beside it. The first 10 of only 27 amendments. That’s how thoughtful the original framers were in crafting it. Again, humbling.

Toured the Capital. Just remarkable-the history, the decisions made in those hallowed halls, and the way it continues to function. 

I’m not a politician. I don’t have the stomach for it. And so many of those in office, on BOTH sides of the aisle, disappoint me completely. It so often does not feel like a representative body. But I’m not running for office and putting myself in that arena.

But, as an educator, I’ve always strived to make better people. Help those I work with move toward being their best selves. 

I have high hopes for the future of this great nation. High hopes that the beacons of freedom will continue to shine bright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adios 2025. Hello 2026 and the beginning of “Less is more”

La vida en la playa- The beach life