Another day. More progress. More challenges.

Added some logs to the front of the cabin today. Going to put a roof over the deck. The one in the middle is 17 feet long and goes from a diameter at the bottom of 12 inches to 9 at the top. The google estimates it at 450 pounds. Dropped it 100 yards away and had to get it in place. 

Also got a desk to start writing my 3 books in earnest. 


Included a pic that popped up this morning of the cabin 2 years ago today. Very much in its infancy. It’s come a long way in 2 years. 

The other two pics…part of my talk about resilience and the challenges of building the cabin. The gory one is the titanium plate holding the fusion in my neck together from where my abusive brother broke it when I was young. Didn’t get the surgery until I was 35. The other shows the 63 staples in my back when I had my lumbar fusion/laminectomy. My children affectionately call it “dad’s 4 foot butt crack”. (But they say it with love 😜)

By most reckoning, I shouldn’t be moving 450 pound logs with a spine held together by steel and titanium. But I’ve survived worse. 

Let’s talk resiliency. Let’s talk overcoming challenges and attaining goals. 

Give me a shout. 


www.focusedconsulting.biz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adios 2025. Hello 2026 and the beginning of “Less is more”

La vida en la playa- The beach life