Resiliency vs. tenacity
Took some time off today to frame the roof for the deck at Top Knot. A little warm. A little smoky. And, let’s not forget, I’m not in my 20s anymore. That was 3 decades ago.
But it’s framed up and ready for me to roof this weekend. I include a couple pictures of what Top Knot looked like 2 years ago today. It’s come a long way and has plenty more to do.
Now…resiliency vs tenacity. I’ve stated most of my life that I would eventually live in Montana. It was in my 20s that I started adding that I planned to buy some acreage with lodgepole pines on it and build my Jeremiah Johnson cabin. Life, divorce, career, kids, all sorts of things delayed that happening. But it did…I was tenacious about making it happen.
As I built it, it threw challenges at me. 700 pound logs needing to be brought 100 yards to the cabin and put 10 feet off the ground…that made me tenacious. When one of those logs fell on me and had me pinned on the ground, I had to find resilience to get out from under it and move forward. Today, one of the roof beams had a meeting and discussion with my second metatarsal on my left foot. Put me in a chair for a few minutes.
But I grew up with pain. The abuse from my brother was continuous and often very violent. I have a titanium plate in my neck thanks to him. Several physical and emotional scars. I thought I was going to die multiple times. But I learned resilience. I learned to keep going.
So I’m not sure if said metatarsal is in one piece or two, but the roof is framed and I keep moving forward toward my dreams and goals.
Stay strong. Stay resilient.






Comments
Post a Comment